Connect existing domain (DNS configuration)
If you have your own domain name, you need to point it to Weld’s servers:
- Make a CNAME pointer for “www” (as in http://www.mywebsite.com) to domains.weld.io
- Additionally, you likely want to forward traffic from your root domain (e.g. http://mywebsite.com, without “www”). For this you a redirect (a “301 redirect”, specifically) that points to your “www” subdomain (which you set up in step 1 above).
- You also need to connect your Weld project to your domain name (“Publish” in toolbar).
Common domain name server (DNS) configurations
- Go to https://mya.godaddy.com
- Under “Domains”, find your domain and press the “Manage DNS” button.
- On the new page, click the “DNS Zone File” tab.
- Scroll down to the “CName” section, find the “www” entry and click the “Edit Record” icon, then enter domains.weld.io as Points To:
1. Log on to your domain at https://www.loopia.se.
2. In the “Domännamn” list, click your domain name.
3. In “Konfigurering”, select “Vidarebefordra” and enter these options:
Typ: Sidan har flyttat (301)
Make sure “Synkronisera…” is not checked
4. Click the blue “DNS-editor” button further down.
5. Make sure that in the “www” section, you should only have one CNAME entry like this:
(Subdomän: www, Data: domains.weld.io)