Weld supports the following image formats:
- GIF (even animated)
- SVG vector graphics
- PSD (Adobe Photoshop, will be converted to JPG)
- PDF documents (will be converted to JPG, only page 1 will show)
You can import images in three ways:
- Draw an image placeholder with the Image tool, and then use the “Choose file” filepicker in the right hand toolbar to select a file.
- Drag-and-drop an image file from your file manager (Explorer in Windows, Finder in Mac) into the Weld canvas.
- Enter the URL of an image (PSD/PDF are not supported).
Changing appearance of images
The “Fit” image option toggles between scaling and cropping the image to its bounding box:
You can also zoom and crop images:
Images on mobile devices etc
In published content, the images are automatically scaled down to fit the user’s device. It’s therefore recommended to upload larger image files.
The automatic image quality setting is good, but you can override it with the Quality slider.