Please note that we are considered data processor for any Content (containing personal data) that a Company Customer submit to the Application. Any processing of such data will be carried out in accordance with the Data Processing Agreement.
1. Contact details of controller
Weld Your Own App AB
c/o Knackeriet, Svartmangatan 9, Stockholm, Sverige
Phone: +46 8-509 245 00
Contact person in case of matters relating to the processing of personal data:
Henric Malmberg, CTO, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Data processed and sources of personal data
When you sign up for our services, we may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- In case of sole traders (Swedish: “enskilda firmor”): company information
- In case you purchase Premium services: credit card information
We collect the above mentioned personal data directly from you when you sign up for the service. If you do not provide us with your above personal details, we may not be able to enter into the Service Agreement with you.
In case you (being an individual) wish to register a domain name through Weld, we will collect your address, phone number and personal identification number. We will not retain any such personal data after the registration is completed.
In addition, we may collect technical data such as IP address, operating system, web browser, and browsing history on weld.io and other Weld web properties, prior to entry into the Service Agreement. This data may be combined with your personal data so that we may create optimized and efficient workflows and provide further analysis to improve sales and delivery of our products.
3. Purposes of processing
We may process personal data for the following purposes:
- Concluding and performing the Service Agreement with you or the Company Customer that you represent during the term of the Service Agreement (including invoicing, provision of support and troubleshooting).
- In case you (being an individual) wish to register a domain name through Weld, providing your application to the domain authority for registration.
- Compiling reports and statistics regarding the use of our services. Where possible, we use anonymized data in these activities.
4. Legal grounds for the processing
If you are an individual and have entered into a Service Agreement with us, we process personal data to the extent it is necessary for the performance of the Service Agreement between you and Weld, as well as for the purposes of our legitimate interests to maintain good business relationships (including by providing information on updates in the Application and marketing).
If you are an employee or other representative of a Company Customer, we will process your personal data for our legitimate interests to perform the Service Agreement with the Company Customer (including to provide the Application to its employees and representatives). We may further process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interest to maintain good business relationships with you and the Company Customer that you represent (including by providing information on updates in the Application and marketing).
If we process your personal data for the purposes of a domain name registration, the legitimate interest pursued by us for such processing is to assist you with the registration.
To the extent we process your personal data with the aim to improve our services, the legitimate interest pursued by us for such processing is the development of our business and processes. We strive to limit the use of personal data in this context to the minimum and will process your personal data as necessary towards the mutual benefit of improving and optimizing our products.
5. Recipients of personal data
When processing your personal data for the purposes described above, we may transfer the personal data to the following third parties:
- Intercom (customer data analysis)
- Google Adwords (advertising and marketing)
- Facebook Pixel (customer and traffic analysis)
- Stripe (payments processing)
- Baremetrics (payments processing)
- NameISP (domain name registration)
- Mailgun (transactional email)
- Amazon Web Services (servers and infrastructure)
- Heroku (servers and infrastructure)
- MLab (servers and infrastructure)
- Papertrail (logging of traffic)
- Google Firebase (servers and infrastructure)
- Imgix (content delivery network)
- Fastly (content delivery network)
We may also transfer personal data to the relevant authorities in Sweden (including the domain name authority) or abroad where such authorities have a legal right to receive the information.
6. Transfer of your personal data to outside of the EU/EEA
If personal data is transferred outside the EU/EEA, we ensure that the personal data is transferred in accordance with the applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities or by ensuring that the recipient of the data participates certification schemes (including the EU-US Privacy Shield).
7. How long do we store your personal data?
We will delete your personal data within one (1) month after you have terminated your user account.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, please note that we may be obligated under applicable law to retain your personal data for a longer period (including for bookkeeping purposes). In such case, we will use your personal data only to comply with applicable law.
8. Data security
This section summarizes our security measures:
- Personal data is never stored permanently on our systems. In the majority of cases, we process your data in real time. To improve performance, we may cache your query results on our servers as needed for the success of your query. Please note that any time we cache query results we strongly encrypt the data. Any caches are deleted once they are unnecessary or when you cease use of our systems.
- Our staff is trained regularly on handling data and our systems are monitored constantly. Our staff have access as needed. For any data we process, your data is extremely restricted and we will only access it at your written request or in the case where we need to debug and solve problems. In each case all such access is audited.
- Data transfers are done using SSL encrypted HTTPS connections.
- Our data processing is carried out in monitored and highly scalable, best-in-class data centers managed by Amazon, Mlab and Intercom.
9. Your rights
Right of access
You may contact us and we will inform what personal data we have collected and processed regarding you and the purposes such data are used for. Upon request, we will provide a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic form. Go to the Weld Settings page for more information.
Right to rectification
You have the right to have incorrect, imprecise, incomplete, outdated, or unnecessary personal data we have stored about you corrected or completed.
Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
Under certain circumstances (including processing on the basis of your consent), you may request us to delete your personal data. Go to the Weld Settings page for more information.
Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us.
Right to object
You may object to certain use of your personal data, such as our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest. The right to object also applies to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you object further processing of personal data, we may not be able to provide to you the Application under the Service Agreement.
Restriction of processing
You may request us to restrict the processing of your personal data. Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us. If the processing of your personal data is restricted, we may not be able to provide to you the Application under the Service Agreement.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured and commonly used format and to independently transmit those data to a third party.
Exercising your rights
You may contact us by mail or email using the contact details set out in section 1 above with a request to exercise any of the above rights. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, excessive or manifestly unfounded.
10. Analytics, online advertising, and remarketing
Weld works with 3rd party providers to obtain the information regarding traffic on Weld websites, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting weld.io and other Weld web properties; to serve our advertisements on other websites and elsewhere online; to provide us with information regarding the use of our websites and the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Above mentioned partners may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on Weld websites, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and use that information to show you targeted advertisements.
We use Google AdWords Remarketing and other similar services (e.g. retargeting) to advertise Weld across the Internet.
These services will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of Weld websites you have viewed by placing a cookie on your device. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer. It helps us to customize our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
You can read here how Google is using your data when you are visiting Weld websites
You can set up your browser to decline cookies, should you wish to do so.
However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of Weld websites. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
11. List of cookies stored
We store the following cookies from the following services when you use weld.io properties.
- Session cookie used by the application to store state between page views (such as your current logged in information).
- Google Analytics and Adwords tracking cookies (typically “_ga” and “utm”) for tracking page views.
- Facebook Pixel tracking page views.
- Intercom allowing the user to live-chat with Weld support.
12. Lodging a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data with the Swedish data protection authority.